Gynaecology is the medical practice that deals with the female reproductive system and Obstetrics is the branch of medicine concerned with childbirth.
A medical error in this area, that should have been prevented, can have devastating consequences on a woman’s life and her loved ones.
At Brindley Twist Tafft and James our medical negligence solicitors can help with a wide range of obstetric and gynaecological negligence claims where patients have been affected and suffered injuries that could have been prevented had the medical care been appropriate.
We understand how difficult it is when obstetric or gynaecology treatment goes wrong and we know you may find it very hard to talk about. Our specialists are very experienced at dealing with cases of a sensitive nature – we have a long history of dealing with these types of claims and you will find that we will always help put you at ease and treat you with sensitivity and respect.
Examples of gynaecology and obstetrics claims include:
- Eclampsia and pre-eclampsia
- Failure to perform a timely caesarean section or surgical mistakes during caesarean
- Failure to diagnose cervical or ovarian cancer
- Complications from hysterectomy operation including organ damage
- Failed sterilisations and terminations
- Mismanagement of pregnancy
- Urinary or bowel damage or damages to other organs
- Errors with laparoscopic surgery (keyhole surgery)
- Retention of swabs or instrumentation during surgery and subsequent injury
Please get in touch to find out how we can help.