Brain and Spinal Injuries – Helping you make Claims for Medical Negligence
Neurology is the field of medicine dedicated to the nervous system, including the brain, spinal cord and nerves. When neurologists or other doctors improperly diagnose or treat neurological conditions, the results can be catastrophic and can include injuries to the brain, spinal cord or nerves. This can result in paralysis, spinal cord injury, brain injury, nerve damage and other neurological problems – patients can become permanently paralysed or mentally impaired.
If you were injured, or if a member of your family died because of neurological damage caused by medical negligence, our brain injury solicitors and spinal injury solicitors have the legal and medical knowledge required to successfully resolve these complex cases.
We pursue financial compensation for clients whose nervous systems were harmed by medical negligence and some of our cases have included:
- Brain injury due to lack of oxygen to the brain
- Airway obstruction that causes brain damage
- Spinal Injury – where surgeries go wrong and result in spinal cord injury
- Failure to diagnose a spinal fracture that causes neurological damage
- Failure to diagnose a brain or spinal cord tumour
- Cauda equina syndrome — nerve damage caused by a prolapsed disk in the lower back that can cause loss of bladder and bowel function
- Failure to perform or properly read X-rays, CT scans or MRI scans
- Failure to diagnose a subarachnoid haemorrhage (intracranial bleeding from a brain aneurysm)
Many of our cases have involved failure to diagnose a neurological condition or an unreasonably delayed diagnosis. For example, a person who visits the A&E department three days in a row complaining of a severe headache and is told he or she has a migraine and is sent away. Later, a subarachnoid haemorrhage results in the person’s death.
We understand how upsetting it is to talk about what has happened and how devastating the consequences of clinical negligence are. Our team are all legal professionals and medical negligence specialists who are very experienced at handling these types of cases. All information and advice is treated totally confidentially and with full compassion and care.
If you have suffered because of negligence and would like to discuss brain injury compensation or spinal injury compensation, please get in touch to find out how we can help.